Monday 1 December 2014

Time Spent at Sea has a new contributor!

Hello, I’m David Fiske. As the latest contributor to the Time Spent at Sea blog, run in conjunction with World of Cruising magazine, I would like to take this opportunity to say hello to all the regular readers and introduce myself.
 
Here I am standing in front of Explorer of the Seas on my first ever cruise!

I am a website developer who has a strong passion for the world of cruising. My first cruise was back in 2009 and since then I have become hooked. The main reason I love cruise holidays is that they offer so much more value than land-based holidays ever could. There is no other style of holiday where it is feasible or affordable to visit many different towns and cities spanning several countries over a week or two. Cruise ships are more like floating resorts that cater for multiple generations from varied backgrounds. Exceptional service, seemingly unlimited food and magnificent vistas are all just the icing on the cake!

I have lurked around the virtual cruise world for a very long time, keeping abreast of the latest cruise ship news and opinions. I follow many different blogs, from like-minded cruise fans through to travel journalists and travel agency blogs. I subscribe to cruise magazines and my inbox is full of emails from cruise lines, travel agents and cruise forums.

My son was born earlier this year and that made me wonder how different our couples holidays on-board cruise ships will be when we sail as a trio. I then decided to set up my own blog over at Ports of Call to focus on the family cruising market. Now I've been asked to contribute to the Time Spent at Sea blog.

My role here at Time Spent at Sea is to share cruise news and developments covering many areas of the industry. From the latest shipbuilding developments and details of new and exciting itineraries through to cruise line offers and discounts, I’m aiming to write about it all right here!

I hope you like my posts and I would love to know your thoughts on any of the topics I write about. You can get involved simply by leaving a comment on any of the posts or you can comment on social media. Keep an eye out for the hashtag #timespentatsea which I will be using on my posts.

(Photo credit to David Fiske)

No comments:

Post a Comment