Monday 29 September 2014

Day two with Fred Olsen and Ramblers Worldwide


It’s so good be back at sea. Sunrise at sea is always magical and so it was this morning as we sailed southwards some twenty miles to the east of Suffolk on Fred Olsen’s Black Watch. The usual joggers and birdwatchers were out from 6.45 and we managed to get a couple of Minke whales off the port bow.

Excellent meal and service in the main restaurant last night so this morning I decided to try breakfast in the Garden Room (Above) which is situated midships on Deck 6.  It offered a self service buffet which was very good and again with great service with coffee and tea.  What was very nice was to meet some of the hotel and bar staff who remembered me from my trip on Boudicca last year.

A mid meeting with our tour leader from Ramblers Worldwide in the Braemar Lounge with coffee and yet more pastries (I’m going to need the walking to burn off the calories.) was followed  a  lunchtime Cocktail of the Day -  Margarita!!   (Tequila, Cointreau and lime juice.)

There is certainly no shortage of things to do on the sea days. In fact there is an overload and many of us couldn’t go to some of the events because they clashed. I’ve had a go at learning Bridge, beginner’s Spanish, learning the Foxtrot and some really good lectures on the ports of call.

Captain’s Cocktail Party tonight and I might take in one of the shows. On the other hand I might just take my drink on to the Promenade Deck and enjoy the evening. See you all tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment